- Not bad
- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
Octave is fully compatible with:
- Windows 98
- Windows 98 SE
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Octave is also compatible with
Versions of Octave
|Octave 3.8.1 19/03/14||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
- Handles complex mathematical equations with ease
- Works in conjunction with C++ modules and Matlab
- Very complex for those unfamiliar with Matlab or Fortran
"GUI Octave has many errors"
The program wouldnt install correctly on brand new toshiba with win7.
Later another computer lenovo with win7 / Kraspersky antivirus kept giving warnings about its behavior comparing it to some PDM.Invader virus.
Another computer win Norton Antivirus gave warnings also.
- Looks promising, easily downloaded, fast, slick.
- Not production level quality, even for free software that deals with computation. Try the command line version Octave or swicth to &quot;R&quot;, R's is free &amp; comes with a mature GUI, not fancy but productive &amp; reliable.
- 01 Feb 2012
Mathematics. The subject everybody loves to hate. You can only ignore it for so long though, because... See more
A while back, Sudoku was all the rage but I never tried it. I haven't got a mathematical brain in... See more